Climate Action Bainbridge, formerly Coal-Free Bainbridge, is an organization of activists dedicated to working on climate change and related environmental issues on the local, state and regional level.
We are proud of the work we have done on these issues and campaigns:
- Coal-Free PSE: to encourage PSE to phase out its polluting coal-fired power plants in Montana
- Carbon Pricing through our support of Initiative I-732
- City decision-making: adoption of green energy for city buildings, establishment of City Climate Change Advisory Committee, and adoption of a resolution committing to the Paris Climate Agreement emission targets.
- Limiting Oil Trains in our State
- Limiting Coal Trains & stopping Coal Export Facilities
We are currently working on supporting environmental city council candidates and exploring alternative methods for our community to obtain greener electricity